Right to use the product
• Use the content that has been purchased for you, for use in your educational institution, place of work and home either on individual computer screens, mobile devices and in each case for internal educational, non-commercial purposes only.
• Edit / customise and print or download certain parts of the product(s) for personal use, where expressly permitted to do so.
You may not:
• Display any material and/ or content contained within the website on interactive whiteboards.
• Redistribute the products, services and content on the parts of the website requiring registration, except as facilitated by the website or products.
• Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the whole or any part of the product and any content.
• Sub-license these terms.
• Download any content either in part or in its entirety, except as permitted/facilitated by the product concerned, unless you have purchased a digital download.
• Remove any copyright, trademark or other notices on any product.
• Use the website to transmit any chain letters, spam or junk email.
• Interfere with or disrupt the website, any product or any servers or networks connected to it or introduce any viruses or other harmful properties into it or to any other users.
• Disclose your password to anyone or permit anyone else to use your password. You are responsible for any use of your password.
We may suspend or terminate your access to the website with immediate effect if you do not comply with these rules.
By submitting any material to us you agree to abide by the following rules. Pearson reserves the right but does not have an obligation to monitor materials or any information which is posted on any part of Pearson LearningHub, any bulletin boards, discussion forums or any tools available on Pearson LearningHub allowing you to post comments, material, views, reviews or comment on material posted by you, us or others or to interact with others or materials in any way (the Interactive Areas) and on any part of Pearson LearningHub requiring registration or subscription allowing you to do any of the above.
The views, statements and opinions expressed in any Interactive Areas of Pearson LearningHub, in any form, are those of the individual contributors and not the statements or opinions of Pearson or its affiliated entities.
By posting your comments or materials on any Interactive Areas, you grant us and our affiliated entities a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, make available, distribute, sub-license and display any content you submit to us in any format now known or later developed. By submitting material you acknowledge that you waive any moral rights you may have in it.
If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your comments or materials to us.
You may use the Interactive areas only to post content that is proper and appropriate to such areas and you must not do any of the following:
1. Advertise, promote or offer to sell any goods or services even if you are acting for a charity or non–profit organisation.
2. Post, transmit unsolicited promotional material "junk" mail or "spam", pyramid schemes.
3. Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information or use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with Pearson LearningHub.
4. Reveal any confidential or sensitive information.
5. Reveal any personal information on other persons (for example, email address, telephone number or postal address, credit card numbers, social security numbers).
6. Post or link to any content that we deem unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, fraudulent, harmful or otherwise objectionable (this includes but is not limited to text, graphics, video, programs or audio).
7. Post content which you do not have permission to use, in particular, material that contains the intellectual property rights of third parties.
8. Upload, post share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, computer codes, worms, trojans or any other components with harmful or contaminating effects to any user or equipment.
9. Imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us.
10. Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any content that is posted.
11. Falsify the origin or source of content that is posted.
12. Contribute content with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act.
13. Use inappropriate (e.g. vulgar or offensive) language or user names.
14. Impersonate any living person or purport to represent any organisation.
15. Use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorisation, register for more than one account or register on behalf of another individual, group or entity.
16. Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of Pearson LearningHub Service, deep link into it without permission.
If you (or your parent/guardian) purchased access as a consumer, please visit our Privacy Notice at http://uk.pearson.com/pearson-privacy-and-you/privacy-policy/digital-learning-services-privacy-policy.html which explains how Pearson looks after your personal data.If your educational institution purchased access for you, please direct any queries about use of your personal data to them.
Plug-ins and Linking
A product on this website may make some software (owned by other parties) available for download in order to allow you to view or use the content (Plug-ins). Your use of Plug-ins is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with those Plug-ins.In certain areas of the product there may be links to web sites owned by someone other than Pearson. Content on the internet changes minute by minute, so we cannot guarantee the content of or the availability, integrity or quality of these websites. You acknowledge that we will not be responsible for them. We do not monitor and cannot guarantee the content, availability, integrity or quality of websites which other users may include in content they submit to the product and you acknowledge that we will not be responsible for them.
Limitation of liability
Pearson will not be liable for any loss of data, loss of profit and wasted management time whether they are direct or indirect damages, and Pearson will not be liable for any special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages (including damages for loss of use) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from your (or your users’) use of or inability to use the website or any product on it, or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using the website or any product on it.
In any event, our total liability to you in respect of any claim for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise in relation to the website and all products on it shall be limited to the greater of the total fees paid or payable to Pearson for your use for the 12 months preceding the cause of action and £500.
Nothing will limit either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You will promptly inform Pearson in the event of any claim by a third party received by you in relation to the website or any product on it and will comply with Pearson’s reasonable requests in relation to such claim.
We make no warranty that the website or any product is accurate, available or free from viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties. We exclude all express or implied warranties or representations to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, including without limitation, any warranties or representations as to satisfactory quality, title, quiet possession, non-infringement of third party rights, error-free functioning, or fitness for purpose. If your educational institution or employer purchased access for you, please raise any claim (for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise) in respect of your use of the website or any product on it with your institution/ employer.
We may, at our discretion and at any time, make changes to the website or any products on it. We will ensure that these changes do not materially decrease the functionality or content of products for which you/your educational institution has purchased access for you. But if we make a change which in our view materially decreases its content or functionality, we will notify you (if you purchased access yourself) or your educational institution/ employer of this. In that case, the educational institution or employer (if they bought access for you) might terminate their subscription agreement with us and you may no longer be able to access the products.
We may replace any product with another product and migrate you to the new product according to the terms we have agreed with you if you purchase directly from us or with your educational institution/ employer if they purchased access.
The logos and brand names used on this website and in any products are trademarks of Pearson and our licensors and you may not use them or any other third party trademarks on the website or contained in any product without our prior written permission.
You may consult the subscription terms here.
Pearson company details